Monday, March 25, 2013

Turkeys, Horses and This and That


Mother Nature, Mother Earth, I apologize for my grumpy attitude yesterday. You sent me SUN this morning and I bounced through my French doors on the way to the barn. You even made my horses happy.
Kash, the youngster in the horse brigade was nose to the ground chasing the turkeys in the field. The big Toms sounded like old men gargling after a night at the pub, tails fanned in defiance. The hens scurried, as best as feathered butterballs can under the fence. Our dogs chased the squirrels into the trees, the Toms strutted off and Kash headed to the barn where the other horses waited for breakfast.
I fed the crew, and turned out the cat. Last I saw, she was stalking a shadow behind the horse trailer. It's going to be that kind of day. Energy filled, looking for excitement, chasing the sunshine. Thank you ladies for today and I bow to your wisdom. Today wouldn't feel so special if I hadn't had yesterday to remember.

No comments: