Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I've been meme-ed, whatever that means

I was reading a friend's blog http://leftbrainwrite.blogspot.com/ and saw Linda had meme-ed me. Or she said she had. I don't know where I find the meme. LOL. I will list my five writing strengths. That's what I think I'm supposed to do.

1. I'm willing to start over, and over and over until I get it right.

2. I'm honest when I critique other people's writing and it excites me and I love letting them know when they've done something magical. I'm humble enough to learn from their brilliance.

3. I'm very creative, a real right brainer. A painter before I became a writer, I live in my imagination a good part of each day. It helps me create the world my characters live in. I actually see them, the town, hear them talk, etc.

4. I'm not afraid to fail. Enough said.

5. I'm willing to take criticism for what it is-an opportunity to make my writing the best it can be.

OK, now I'm supposed to meme two people, but I don't know how. Anyone reading this that knows how to do so, please let me know. :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey girl- I guess you didn't get my email describing the meme... you done good. Especially number 1 - I've never seen anyone soooo tenacious with the opening scene! But the hard work shows... and number 2, as well. You're a damn good critter.

Pass it on to two others with blogs/webs; just send them an email ahead of time - and double check they got it! I screwed up on that end, and despite our chit-chatting on the NNC, neither of us brought up our secret lives as bloggers.

Welcome back from sunny Spain - hope you had a glorious time. Peace, Linda