Monday, March 09, 2009

In The Beginning...

I thought writing a book would be easy. I had a great idea, a good main character, and plenty of enthusiasm. So, computer keys clattering I began my adventure. All went well until I got to the part called "EDITING". Ugh. Ever since, I've been stuck on page one trying to get the Beginning to be THE BEGINNING, hook, line, and reader turning the page eager to read what happens next, agent loves it, yee-haw, it's a best seller, beginning.

I'm not there yet. Do you think I'm trying for too much in the first paragraph?

3 comments:

J. M. Strother said...

Is this after you've let it set a spell? If not, maybe you should put it aside for awhile.

I've always heard editing was the hard part. I've usually liked my rewrites less than the original. I can be maddening.

Good luck.
~jon

J. M. Strother said...

It. It. Not I can be maddening (unless you talk to my wife.)
~jon

Linda said...

Writing is best hardest fun you can wish for.

Naw. I've been dicking around with my first para for over three years. You're still a young 'un. Peace, Linda