Monday, October 07, 2013

Just a Moment


I try to listen to nature at least a part of every day, but don't like to hear from her in the middle of the night with grumbles, rumbles and a light show. Outside my French doors, she is now all sunshine and beautiful skies. I wonder for a bit, if I should thank her for sending the rain when I was inside anyway, or whine that I'm too tired to thoroughly enjoy the pleasant day I have now. Then, I realize there is something to be thankful for regardless of the little irritations. There is this moment. More greatly appreciated, once I realize she could have reversed things, sent clear skies at night and storms in the AM.
I take this message from Mother Nature and ponder what it means in my life. What is she sharing? Perhaps, it is an example of how different we all can be in how we look at things. There are individuals who grumble and gripe about things, and hold onto their complaints for forever and a day, and miss the good in what's happening in the now. Do I want to be one of those? No.
I will look at the sky, remind myself it's a choice to not enjoy the sunshine, and that no one, including me, should let a person, even ourselves, even congress, dampen a single moment we have been given. For the moment is all we are guaranteed. Thank you, Mother N, for the lesson. Have a moment today, all.

No comments: